3 Anonymous Search Engines Reviews: No History or IP-Address
Unlike Google, Yandex, and Bing, Anonymous search engines do not store or delete IP addresses of users, do not use third-party cookies, and do not transfer search data received to third parties. All users, without exception, will be able to use them.
Anonymous Search Engines
Next, we will review all anonymous search engines, except for projects designed to dive into the Dark Web.
A unique search engine based on P2P technology.
How it works:
- The user installs the main software module on the PC, which acts as a search robot.
- After analyzing the connection, the collected information goes to a common database, which all search engine members can use.
- All pages are protected using cookies or GET, while POST parameters are excluded from the final indexing, guaranteeing complete anonymity.
In such a network, it is impossible to track the log of visits or views, and the SERPs are devoid of censorship and can lead users to non-indexed sites:
- adult, shocking, and uncensored content appears in the SERPs;
- opens the way to DeepWeb - links that cannot be found in Google or Yandex.
Due to the nature of the network, search results’ speed is much slower than direct competitors.
The most popular of the anonymous search engines and concurrently, the main fighter with Google. The service does not store any information about users and automatically blocks tracking trackers and intrusive cookies.
Additional features include:
- selection of the search region;
- search results are generated based on Yahoo, Google, and Bing;
- no targeted advertising or sale of personal information to third parties;
- customization of the theme, search security level, font type, and general privacy;
- the client and the server use a 128-bit encryption algorithm combined with the HTTPS protocol for a secured connection.
Install DuckDuckGo as a browser extension or full browser on Android or iOS smartphones/tablets.
The main office is headquartered in the United States, a member country of the 5, 9, 14 Eyes Alliance, which jeopardizes the complete anonymity of data - when contacting the government or other "allied" nations, the owners will have to provide information about a separate user.
This project is based solely on the search results from Google but without recording search history.
How it works:
- After a request, identifying information is removed from it: metadata, IP address, available cookies.
- The anonymized information is transferred to the search engine, after which it sends the resulting results.
- Since there are no geo-trackers in the system, the user will have to manually specify the home region, raising the level of the issue quality.
Anonymous browsing is an addition to “secure” search queries. It is enough to click on the mask icon next to the name of the site from the search results, and you will be redirected to the site using Proxy, automatic blocking of cookies and trackers.
The service has developed a proprietary browser for Android and iOS.
How to Provide Additional Anonymity
VPN-providers will help to increase the level of anonymity on the Internet.
Here’s what they can do:
- block DNS, IP, and WebRTC leaks;
- hide the actual IP or mask it over a double connection;
- encrypt traffic from being intercepted by the provider, special services, hackers;
- ignore geo-blocking: watch American Netflix from any country or go online while in China.
When choosing the best VPN, pay attention only to paid options since free services or free-packages have limited functionality and/or keep a log of monitoring user actions on the network.
Just now, subscribe to ExpressVPN for 1 year, get 49% off and get 3 months free.
Our Top Product Picks
||Read Review → Expressvpn.com|
||Read Review → nordvpn.com|
||Read Review → purevpn.con|
||Read Review → surfshark.com|
- How to use anonymous search engines?
In the case of DuckDuckGo or StartPage, just go to the official website and enter a request. When you need to change the language, region, or strengthen/weaken the search filter, go to the settings. In the case of YaCy, you will have to install additional software.
- Isn't it easier to use Google or Yandex?
These search engines are the best in terms of results for specific queries, but they collect detailed information about users on the web. Some of the content is entirely amenable to strict censorship, like independent media outlets.
- Can I use anonymous search engines on my phone?
Yes, in a similar way on a PC. DuckDuckGo and SmartPage have branded browsers available as mobile apps in Android’s Google Play and the iOS App Store.