VPN in the browser renders simplicity and convenience. The only catch is you’ll need to buy a subscription (don’t worry, it’s cheap) to install the extension through the online store’s extensions. On the other hand, you could always consider visiting the developer’s official website.
However, how to know which one to choose?
Let’s get to that now.
After testing more than 20 services for stability, user-friendliness, and performance, we’ve narrowed down the cream of the crop.
To save you time, today, we’re going to be focusing on two industry-leading brands.
These programs are the best software applications to protect your online data, hands down.
In our TOP, NordVPN reigns supreme! A clear-cut, sleek browser multifunctional-extension that renders absolute protect in two clicks - try free for 30 days!
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Fastest streaming speeds
- Unblocks China geoblocks
- IP leak protection
The Best VPN Browser Extensions
- Nord VPN is compatible with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and renders absolute protection for your internet data for only $4.08 a month.
- For $6.67 per month, ExpressVPN works withs Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and doesn’t require the installation of an additional client.
- PureVPN possesses all the features that the client does; try risk-free for 7-days for only $0.99.
- CyberGhost offers peace of mind with a 45-day money-back guarantee when acquiring their premium extensions for Chrome and Firefox for only $2.25.
- With two-click connection ability, connect to over 1,000 servers with IvacyVPN and leverage the benefits of protecting up to 5 devices simultaneously.
Before choosing a VPN, it is wise to consider the following:
- Verify that a VPN does not keep logs or retain user information in its policies. Should a VPN provider record your information, skilled hackers and scammers could pry that information from the databases without too much difficulty.
- Ensure you have a vast number of available countries and servers to connect to optimize performance and speed.
- Secure protocols with industry-leading encryption.
- Fast-resolving and knowledgeable technical support.
- P2P traffic support (if you need to download from torrents).
- Money-back guarantees. Get your money back should your find that the VPN is not suitable for you. Generally, return periods are available for up to 30 days.
How to Install a VPN for the Browser
Visit the developer’s official website. For the best, we recommend NordVPN, although ExpressVPN is a close-second. After you’ve landed at your virtual destination, find the section with applications, and select your browser icon. Don’t worry; this will redirect you to the official online store of extensions, where you can install the extension and reap the benefits of secure internet protection.
For the best internet security, ExpressVPN is the #1 Service. With over 5 million downloads and a TrustPilot rating of 4.8 out of 5-stars, no one can counter their reputability.
Registered in the British Virgin Islands, ExpressVPN has been innovating the VPN industry for over a decade since 2009. Their core advantage is that they do not store logs or collect information about users. Therefore, feel free to install ExpressVPN for your browser and reap the best internet protection rewards.
ExpressVPN blocks malware protects against ad pixel leak, unblocks any streaming platform, and helps mask your VPN:
- Trusted Server Technology
- Professional Online Technical Support
- Costs as little as $6.67 per month
- 30-Day money-back guarantee
NordVPN is best installed in browsers while the service has been leading the industry since its inception back in 2012. No information is collected regarding your actions while they do not cooperate with the government (yes, you read that correctly). With the extension’s aid, your Internet traffic could not be more protected while you can unblock restricted streaming platforms. To add, NordVPN will block ad pixel while preventing DNS leaks, meaning you won’t encounter any stupid-ass internet ads.
NordVPN is built with performance and speed optimization in mind.
Load videos without buffering and open any site within fractions of a moment.
- +5,700 servers in 59 countries
- Compatible with Chrome & Firefox
- Starts at only $4.08 a month
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- How to use a VPN through a browser?
- Acquire a VPN service with a subscription and install the extension. After that, open the extension, select the server to connect to, and select start.
- Where can I download a VPN for the browser?
- We recommend downloading a VPN only from the official websites of the developers. Because you can download phishing software on unlicensed resources; as a result, your computer can be hacked.
- What services are in the TOP free VPN for the browser?
- We can recommend Windscribe, but with it, you will have 500MB of traffic per month. Therefore, we suggest using ExpressVPN or NordVPN and the money-back guarantee. It is valid for 30 days. For a refund, you need to write to support.
- How do I pay for a browser VPN subscription?
- Go to the company's website and click “buy a subscription.” Select a tariff plan and pay for it. ExpressVPN and NordVPN accept bank cards, PayPal, and cryptocurrency.