VPN for Germany - Best P2P & Anonymity Services
Using a VPN in Germany is not necessary: there is no strict internet censorship in the country. But more and more citizens of this country are installing VPN on mobile phones and computers to unblock closed content and keep their online privacy genuinely private. When traveling in the EU and other countries, you may need to change your IP address to Germany, and immigrants may need to access content in their home country. There is a broad selection of VPNs, and you can always find one that suits you in all respects.
We recommend using Nord VPN in Germany - it is optimal for the constant protection of all your devices, unblocking content, and protecting anonymity. At the same time, it is desirable for the price.
VPN For Germany
#1. ExpressVPN - ExpressVPN for Germany opens up fast and secure access to torrents, TV shows, music, and games. Enjoy access to 160+ server locations in more than 90 countries.
#2. NordVPN - NordVPN for Germany has 250+ VPN masking servers, helps you avoid privacy threats, tracking, bypass access limitations, and torrenting restrictions for only $3.49 per month!
#3. PureVPN - PureVPN for Germany allows you to choose the city of connection, which increases the data transfer speed: 200+ servers in Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, and other cities. Available as low as $1.32 per month.
Using a VPN in Germany
The government of the country monitors citizens, and mostly tourists. They have access to all the metadata of messages and correspondence, they know which sites you visit, and they store this information. The country is also fiercely fighting piracy: the use of torrents in Germany is only through a VPN; otherwise, you can get a large fine. These protocols even apply to listening to music online and Youtube (some videos were initially charged). Currently, no payment is taken, but the content is partially blocked for the entire country.
When traveling outside the country, you may need to obtain a German IP address to access local streaming sites such as ARD, ProSieben, and ZDF.
Free VPN services in Germany
There are a lot of VPNs in app stores that change or get a German IP address for free, but at the minimum, they all have slow speeds on a small number of servers (forget about torrents and streaming services), and they aren't reliable enough to protect your privacy. Many of them also collect information about you to sell to marketers. Conditionally free VPN services for Germany change IPs better and are generally more reliable, but they either have slow speed or limited traffic volume.
You can buy a high-quality VPN for Germany for about $2-3 per month if you take long-term tariff plans (see the overview of discounts). And for a short trip, you can use VPN trials for 30 days.
Using ExpressVPN in Germany is legal, and it is the best VPN for Netflix in Germany, on PC and mobile. You can connect up to 5 devices at the same time, and no configuration is typically required. Everything works automatically, choosing the best servers for you to get a German IP, and, of course, ExpressVPN is suitable for torrenting in Germany and other countries.
- Complete confidentiality
- Traffic masking
- Automatic selection of the best server
- For just $6.67 per month
Many people choose NordVPN for torrenting in Germany - this service has dedicated P2P servers optimized for fast file transfers over the next generation protocol. Also, Nord VPN has the most advanced methods to protect user privacy. Of course, you can unblock any German and international streaming videos.
- There are servers in Germany
- 59 countries for connection
- No logs and leaks
- Prices as low as $3.71 per month
- How do I change the IP address to German?
- It's effortless: choose a VPN that has servers in Germany (there are many), sometimes you can select a city to connect. Establish a connection and check with a third-party service what your IP is. If everything checks out, launch the application, or open the site.
- Are VPNs in Germany legal?
- Yes, VPN can be used for free; the main thing is that it is reliable and leak-free, so an Internet provider does not disclose that information. The Kill Switch must be present.
- What's the fastest VPN in Germany?
- It depends both on your internet and on the specific task. For example, NordVPN is considered the best VPN for torrenting in Germany, but ExpressVPN handles streaming media better, and there is also a VPN for gamers. Test the services for 30 days for free and compare the speeds.