VPNs for Routers allows you the ability to protect all your home devices simultaneously. As a bonus, people who set up VPNs on their routers can also enjoy unlimited access to unrestricted content from anywhere in the world. Unblock Netflix, YouTube, games, closed sites, and remove ads from mobile devices and browsers.
Considering that most standard VPNs support no less than five devices at once with one license, installing a VPN on a router and mobile devices can occur so, you are always connected on-the-go or at home. When buying, you can manually set up a VPN on a router or buy a ready-made router with a pre-installed VPN of your choice (the best option for those new to VPNs routers and computer technology).
We recommend trying Nord VPN for your router: it supports many models, is capable of unblocking Netflix, and protects up to 6 devices at once.
List of the best VPN for Router
#1. ExpressVPN - ExpressVPN for Router protects all Wi-Fi connected devices. You can buy a router with ExpressVPN firmware or install it yourself by using the detailed instructions on the web site.
#2. NordVPN - You can install NordVPN for a router according to the website’s instructions or order a router with a VPN with a 20% discount. There is a 24/7 technical support team while a money-back guarantee backs purchases.
#3. PureVPN - PureVPN for Router - Download and install the PureVPN app on your DDWRT router and test it for $0.99, or buy a long term subscription starting at $1.32 monthly.
Do I need a dedicated router for VPN?
When VPN providers say that a VPN can be installed on a router, they usually mean special routers - usually from Asus, Linksys or Netgear. Through the interface, you can install a VPN application on them and manage connections comfortably. Split tunneling lets you specify which devices don't need VPN.
On routers from D-Link, DD-WRT, Netduma, Sabai, Tomato, TP-Link, Xiaomi, and some simple Asus models, you can install VPN manually; sometimes special firmware is required at your own risk. Technical support helps with setting up an already flashed router.
Read the installation instructions on the provider's website to determine if your router supports VPN and how to set it up.
Routers with a pre-installed VPN
You can buy a wireless Wi-Fi router with a VPN installed from your chosen provider. For example, if those products are available for retail on the FlashRouters website. A username and password are the only requirements to begin using their website. They also sell inexpensive and even cheap VPN routers, refurbished at a service center so that you can try with them first.
Please note that you need a good internet connection. The more devices that are connected simultaneously, the more noticeably the speed drops for each of them.
They are consistently ranked in the TOP 10 VPN for Routers, #1 VPN of Choice for Netflix, and other streaming platforms. You can buy a ready-made router or install a VPN yourself. Gain access to 94 countries, which is about 50% more than the average. Watch any type of content, anywhere safely. The kill switch works; there are no logs; they feature the industry’s best support and provide step-by-step instructions.
- VPN firmware is available for regular routers
- Real connection speeds above 150 Mbps
- All privacy tools
- As low as $6.67 per month
According to many, the best VPN for a router is NordVPN, and it can be purchased at a discount for an extended period. The VPN supports many models and opens access to 59 countries. An impressive number of servers - over 5,000, can unblock Netflix. There are dedicated servers for P2P, too. The site has exceptionally detailed instructions for setting up Nord VPN on any type of router.
- Fastest video speeds for high-quality video
- Able to block ads on devices
- Highest security standards
- Prices start at just $3.71 per month
- Which VPN router is better
- You can always buy a top-end model, but in general, routers and their price strongly depend on the capabilities of the device: there is support for up to 10 devices, more powerful antennas, etc. Choose what is enough for you. It's more important to choose a fast and good VPN.
- How to choose a free VPN for your router?
- There is no good fast router VPN for free. Either you have little traffic, or you risk data collection, network hacking, and insecurity. For high speed and privacy, you need a paid VPN, which can cost as little as $1.99 per month!
- Do I need a VPN on my router?
- This is optional if you can connect all of your devices to the VPN directly. But if there are many devices, it's easier not to buy a second license but rather instead put the VPN on the router so that you will protect all smart devices in your home simultaneously through your connection, therefore, reserving you more available connections.