Safari is the second most popular browser in the world. It's secure enough, but its users also need a VPN for many tasks. Such as for maintaining privacy on the network, for changing IP addresses, or watching Netflix. There are simple free proxies for Safari that spoof the IP address (not always successful) and several VPN extensions and high-quality VPN apps for macOS, which most users prefer to value security, speed, and functionality.
We recommend Nord VPN as the best VPN for Safari, ranking as the industry leader in speed tests. More than 5,400+ servers are available in 59 countries; there are applications for Mac, iOS, and other platforms.
List of The Best VPN for Safari
#1. ExpressVPN - ExpressVPN for Safari works only through a connected client (app), where you can configure traffic sharing. You can unlock virtually any content with access to 160 server locations.
#2. NordVPN - NordVPN doesn't offer a Safari browser extension. To protect your devices, install a desktop or mobile version of NordVPN.
#3. PureVPN - PureVPN for Safari doesn’t exist and can only operate by sending traffic through the client’s application. The price starts at $1.32 per month!
How to download and install a VPN for Safari?
It is rare to find a separate VPN plugin for Safari. However, each one has a separate app for Mac and Windows if you're using Safari on Windows. Run the app, and all your traffic will be directed through it; you can only route Safari traffic separately. Here's a simple instruction:
- Choose a VPN that has an app for your operating system.
- Register on the site to receive a username and password.
- Install the VPN app on your device.
- Run and connect.
- Open Safari and make sure your IP address has changed.
Most high-quality VPN apps support up to 5-7 connections from one account simultaneously so that you can protect all of your devices with one subscription.
Choose the best VPN for Safari
Not long ago, ExpressVPN offered a separate plug-in for Safari. However, users still preferred a full-fledged feature-rich application, so now Express VPN does not support the Safari extension. Download ExpressVPN for Safari, and you'll have access to 94 countries to unblock any content, including streaming TV. This VPN works best in China and censor-strict countries.
- High speeds and stable connection
- Supports up to 5 devices per subscription
- VPN-applications for Mac, iOS, Windows, and Android
- Price from $6.67 per month with a promotion
VPN NordVPN for Safari is ranked # 1 in the TOP VPN for macOS. There are ad-blocking features, IP and WebRTC leak blocking capabilities, dedicated torrent servers, and dual VPN. Efficiently unblocks Netflix US and UK, unlocks games, and removes all geolocation restrictions. Capable of working in China.
- Automatic selection of the best server
- 100% no logs
- Supports up to 6 connections simultaneously
- Price from $3.71 per month
- How to use VPN for Safari for free?
- Check out our reviews of free VPNs and VPN discounts - some quality services offer 30 days of a free trial or a free trial VPN, which is enough for most users.
- What's the Best Free VPN for Safari?
- We recommend Windscribe and Hide.Me - both with traffic and server limits, and you can also try 30 days free from NordVPN and ExpressVPN.
- How to install a VPN for Safari on the iPad?
- Nothing complicated: download the required provider from the VPN app store (or from the provider's official website) and start the installation if it doesn't start automatically. Everything is the same as with other applications. First, turn on the VPN, then launch any games and applications you need.