Almost all of the top VPN providers release a separate Firefox extension. Due to a wide selection, it can be challenging to find a gVPN for Mozilla Firefox to download and use (since not all are safe). Useful VPN plugins and add-ons for Firefox protect your connection on sites, encrypt information, block ads on sites, and protect you from leaks.
According to expert reviews, for most users, the best VPN for Firefox will be Nord VPN, which is fast, with 5,400+ servers, completely no logs, and does not need a client program. Try NordVPN for 30 days for free and see for yourself!
List of The Best VPN for Firefox
#1. ExpressVPN - ExpressVPN for Firefox makes your location in Firefox match the VPN server’s location you're connected with.
#2. NordVPN - NordVPN for Firefox extension is light, fast, and also protects your HTTP traffic from hackers.
#3. PureVPN - PureVPN in Firefox offers built-in WebRTC leak protection, as well as access and streaming for 30 channels. Try a 7-day trial to see how Pure VPN works.
How to add VPN to Firefox?
Installing a VPN for Firefox is very simple:
- Click on the hamburger menu in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Select the Add-ons item (or immediately press Ctrl + Shift + A).
- Go to the extensions section.
- Enter the name of a specific VPN or just the word VPN to see all the offers.
- Click on the name of the service, and when the page opens, the Install button.
- If the application asks for a username and password, go to the official VPN site to register.
Express VPN Firefox extension is used by over 70,000 users who value speed and security. HTTPS Everywhere automatically connects to more secure HTTPS versions of websites. The VPN makes your Firefox location data match the location of the VPN server you're connected with.
- Blocking WebRTC
- Auto-configuration and one-button connection
- Supports 94 countries and 50% more than standard
- Up to 3 months as a gift with a subscription for a year
One of the best VPN extensions for Mozilla Firefox is Nord VPN. The VPN gives you a fast and secure connection, has adblocking functions, and protects against malicious sites and leaks. Smart Connect button connects to the nearest fast server; you can select a specific one from 59 countries. Switch with one click!
- A lightweight application for slow internet
- No traffic restrictions
- Secure access, torrents, and Netflix
- As low as $3.71 per month (with discounts)
Free VPN extensions for Mozilla Firefox
Please note: in the TOP VPN for Firefox, not all services are secure. The fact that many users are used often means that they are simply free and make money from collecting your data.
We do not recommend using Anonymox VPN, Tuxler, Kwzi, Hotspot, Urban, Hola, Hoxx, Betternet, Ininja, Touch VPN, and others that guarantee you unlimited free VPN or Proxy at high speed.
The best fast and secure VPN addons for Firefox include NordVPN, ExpressVPN, Windscribe, Cyberghost, Zenmate, Browsec, Tunnelbear, and Surfshark (some of which are free to use).
- Can I use Express VPN for Firefox for free?
- Yes, but only for 30 days to test. All other offers and add-ons that offer ExpressVPN for free are a scam.
- What's the best VPN add-on for Firefox on Android?
- Check out our VPN for Android review - you don't need to install the extension in your mobile browser but instead turn on the app and enjoy how your traffic is protected. From the application, you can configure traffic separation for specific programs.
- Is there a built-in browser VPN for Mozilla Firefox?
- No, so you need to install addons, plugins, and extensions or use a client program for PC or mobile platforms.