Best VPN for iPhone (IOS) APP to use on a mobile device
If privacy and security on the internet are essential for you, then you must learn how to use VPN on iPhone. With a growing number of websites tracking their users and collecting eons of data, users have finally started to wake up to the possibility of data tracking.
According to a recent survey by PewResearch, about 81% of Americans believe that the risks of data collection are considerably larger than its benefits. Whether you want to access websites blocked in your region or simply erase your tracks on the internet, using VPN on iPhone will be very useful.
A significant number of people use VPN to access video streaming websites. The product is popular amongst travelers who prefer to use websites from their home jurisdiction. Several privacy activists also prefer to use VPNs. They are popular amongst activists who want to avoid government surveillance.
Bets VPN for iPhone
#1. ExpressVPN - ExpressVPN for iPhone and iPad is a network of over 3,000 servers in 94 countries. Configurable automatically and suitable for any region, even for Internet-censored countries.
#2. NordVPN - NordVPN for iPhone and iPad - Try 7 days for free with no speed or bandwidth limits. Instantly connect with the Quick Connect button.
#3. PureVPN - PureVPN for iPhone and iPad - Available across six continents in 180 locations, PureVPN sports over 300,000 IP addresses, is fast, stable, and secure, and can be tested for seven days for only $0.99.
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Fastest streaming speeds
- Unblocks China geoblocks
- IP leak protection
So why does the average person need the VPN?
- It’s the best tool for privacy protection
- It’s easy to download, install and configure
- Your internet service provider doesn’t know which websites you are using
- You can easily bypass geographical restrictions on the internet, use banned sites or visit foreign versions of different websites
- Can keep you safe on public Wi-Fi
- Great for travelers
A VPN configuration for iPhone can save users from government and corporate surveillance
Let’s take a sneak peek at what you will learn in this article:
- How to use VPN on iPhone
- The most popular VPNs available on the market
- How to find the best VPN solution for your needs
Getting rid of data tracking websites is as essential as blocking ads on the internet. If you want to keep your browsing safe and private, away from mass surveillance and government restrictions, you need to learn to add VPN to iPhone.
We tested the four best VPNs on the market - Express VPN, Nord VPN, PureVPN, and Surf Shark VPN so that you don’t have to waste time and money finding the best option for your needs. Check out my reviews to find which products provide the most reliable private browsing experience.
That is the Best VPN for Iphone (Summary)
Express VPN – with 3000+ global servers and the fastest connection speeds of them all, this product is the best VPN for iOS.
Nord VPN - This secure VPN for iOS provides protection for multiple devices and comes with great apps for desktop and mobile.
PureVPN - Has fast and reliable connection, comes with special features like VPN hotspot and protection on public WiFi networks.
Surf Shark VPN - unlimited simultaneous connections on one account, fast connections, and great security come with a clean interface.
Express VPN is the most popular iOS service in the world, with over 160 server locations spread across 94 countries. The British Virgin Islands-based firm doesn’t have any data retention laws and is not known to have wide-scale surveillance programs. The network provides the best coverage in North America and Europe.
Here are some of the most important features of Express VPN that do it the most preferred service across the world.
- Reliable apps for iPhone Express VPN has a beautifully designed and reliable app for iOS that lets you connect to Open VPN as well. This bypasses Apple’s policies of not allowing Open VPN connections on its devices. The service can be used on 5 devices with a single connection.
- Secure encryption
The service uses SHA-512 HMAC authentication, 4096-bit RSA key, and AES 256-bit cipher, which makes it the strongest encryption on the market. Express VPN has unbreakable encryption which doesn’t meddle with browsing speeds.
- Fast connectivity
We found Express VPN to be incredibly fast, at least in North America. You wouldn’t have issues in connecting with distant servers as well.
- Kill switch
The Network Lock features will help you keep all your data secure if the VPN connection drops. This kill switch blocks all connections to ensure that all data packets remain encrypted and you remain safe.
- No user logs
Express VPN does not keep user logs, which further helps you in ensuring privacy. Several free (and some paid) VPN service providers log user data and are based in jurisdictions where sharing user data with the authorities may be compulsory. This is never a problem with this service.
Pros of Express VPN
- Fast connectivity
- Consistent browsing speeds
- Secure server network
- Reliable apps on all platforms
- Easy to access Netflix
- Great for torrenting
- Works in China
- Strong encryption
- Based in a friendly jurisdiction
Cons of Express VPN
- More expensive than its peers (but comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee)
Nord VPN is another well-known VPN app that provides unmatched security to its users. This Panama-based service allows iOS users to connect with Open VPN and promises no logs. The service is also cheaper than Express VPN, although it could be slower.
- Wide network. Nord VPN has servers in 62 countries that provide great coverage and provides better speeds.
- No logs service. Nord VPN promises not to keep user logs. As it is based in Panama, users can rest assured that the company is not subject to mass government surveillance and gets access to the uncensored internet. It is also away from the direct influence of major corporations.
- Extra focus on security. If you are paranoid about internet security, then Nord VPN is the right choice. It comes with a kill switch feature that blocks all connections if the VPN network drops. It comes with IPv4 and IPv6 DNS leak protection as well. For those looking for extra security, it comes with double VPN connections, which lets to chain two VPN connections. However, these “double-hop” servers are limited and may compromise speed for security. It also provides XOR obfuscated servers and allows the use of Tor over VPN. Users can also get great options with Wi-Fi and Cybersec security options.
- Good customer support. Nord VPN uses a ticket system for customer support and is usually considered to have a good support staff. They also provide you with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Pros of Nord VPN
- High-end security with a kill
- Switch VPN double-hop feature
- Allows Tor over VPN Cheaper than Express VPN
- No logs policy
- Allows payments via Bitcoin
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Allows Netflix and other video streaming websites
- Works on 6 devices
Cons of Nord VPN
- Compromises speed Connection speeds are not consistent across servers
Though PureVPN isn’t as popular as Express VPN or Nord VPN, this service has been around for years and provides coverage in 141 countries. Its 2000 servers cover almost the entire world.
- Large network
The network contains over 2000 servers spread across 141 countries that provide great services in China, Russia, and Turkey, amongst other remote and/or restrictive internet regimes.
- Five unique browsing modes
It comes with five different browsing options to match the needs of the users- Stream, Internet Freedom, Security/Privacy, File Sharing, and Remote/Dedi IP. The Stream option is best for those looking to access streaming services across the border.
- Hong Kong based service
As PureVPN is based in Hong Kong, it is not required to adhere to any data storage policies which make it great.
- Safe browsing
The service allows you to split tunneling, which makes the user choose which data needs to be sent over VPN and which to be sent via their ISP. It has an internet kill switch to protect user privacy when the network drops and a public WiFi feature that keeps you secure even when using an open and generally unsecured public WiFi connection. It comes with the industry-standard AES 256-bit encryption.
Pros of PureVPN
- Servers spread across the world
- Public WiFi safety
- Kill switch and split tunneling
- Comes with premium add-ons like Port Forwarding and Dedicated IP
- Supports multiple VPN protocols including Open VPN
Cons of PureVPN
- Connection speeds are unreliable
- iOS app may confuse users
- Difficult to decipher how the 5 browsing modes are different
A smaller VPN provider doesn’t always mean slower speeds and less coverage. Surf Shark VPN can provide you with fast connections, a great app user experience, and reliable speeds. It is one of the newer VPN services out there but has impressive stats to show.
- Based in Panama. As the Surf Shark VPN is based in the British Virgin Islands, it is away from 14 eyes which makes it secure and more private than most other free VPN iOS services. It is also not bound by data sharing laws. The service isn’t known to have any warrant canary issued to them to date. The service also follows a no-logs policy, adding peace of mind for the users.
- Great speed and streaming. The server comes with good speeds but usually remains inconsistent, depending almost entirely on the server you are using. However, it unlocks Netflix and a host of other streaming websites for users.
- Noteworthy privacy features. It features IKEv2/IPsec and OpenVPN connections on iPhones. It also has a camouflage mode, which ensures that your ISP can’t figure out if you are using a VPN service. It has a whitelisting service, kill switch and can connect with Tor as well.
Pros of Surf Shark
- VPN Fast speeds, quick connections
- Unlocks Netflix and other streaming services
- Supports Open VPN Supports torrenting
- Ad-blocker and Tor support
- Connects to unlimited devices
- Clean interface
- Private DNS & leak protection
- NoBorders mode for unrestricted internet access
Cons of Surf Shark VPN
- Inconsistent connection speed
VPN for iPhone supports the fastest encryption protocol, known as WireGuard. Access more than 7,000 servers in 90 countries across the globe. Mobile phone and tablet owners with generations iOS 12.0 and older are eligible to use the service.
Upon first registration, a user receives a 7-day free trial period, after which he must refuse or pay for a full subscription. Also, a refund is available up to 45 days after subscribing to one of the service plans.
- Data encryption AES-256
- Simultaneously protect up to 7 devices per account
- Dedicated servers for Netflix, Hulu, and Disney +
- Auto disconnect Kill Switch
VPN Client for iPhone supports connections to servers using OpenVPN UDP/TCP, IPSec, and IKEv2. The connection occurs automatically, based on the user's location and the type of Internet access: via Wi-Fi or 3G/4G.
PrivateVPN is compatible with iPhone and iPad with iOS 10.0 and higher. While there is no trial period, their service is still risk-free with their 30-day money-back guarantee. Those who register with the provider as a first-time user can purchase a 2-year plan for the cost of a 1-year plan.
- 150 servers in 60 countries
- DNS Leakage Protection
- Does not collect user data
- Simultaneous connection of up to 6 devices
7. Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access overhauled their VPN to support all iPhone functions fully. This includes hiding real IP addresses, rendering 256-bit traffic encryption, and using a built-in ad blocker in the integrated Safari browser.
After subscribing, protect up to 10 devices per account, including smartphones, computers, TVs, homes, and routers. If you aren’t satisfied for any reason, you can get a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Unfortunately, no free trial periods are available momentarily.
- One-click connection
- 25,000 servers in 77 countries
- Unlimited data transfer rates
- Supports OpenVPN, PPTP, and IPSEC / L2TP protocols
- Which VPN provides the cheapest plans?
- Getting top-notch VPNs like Nord VPN and Express VPN with discount/affiliate codes is always the best option for users, as it doesn’t compromise security.
- Which VPN works in China?
- Only Express VPN provides reliable connections in China. Updated: August 2020 - remember, you have to install it before you cross the border!
- Which VPN is the best for Netflix?
- Express VPN is the best choice for Netflix.
- How to download VPN to iPhone?
- Simply visit the App Store, type the name of the app (like “Express VPN”) and hit install. You’re ready to go.
- How to setup/configure VPN?
- Open the VPN app, follow a few simple instructions (app-specific) and you’re done. It usually takes less than a minute and involves the selection of a server..
If you care about your security and privacy on the internet, add VPN to iPhone today! Most VPN services will provide you with a free trial as well. We suggest you to use the trial periods to decide which VPN service works the best in your location. If you want to install the service immediately, then going for the best options in the market- Express VPN and Nord VPN will be a good idea.
VPN Providers Comparison
|Read Review||Read Review||Read Review||Read Review||Read Review|
Pricing and Plans
Save up to 75% off with NordVPN for iPhone for just $3.49 per month. Competitively priced, NordVPN is one of the best VPNs that are compatible worldwide and backed with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
|Money back days||30||30||31||30||45|
|Free Version Available|
|No Credit Card Trials|
iPhone VPN users looking for a VPN that will cost them under a couple of bucks should consider PureVPN at just $1.32 per month or Surfshark, starting at $1.99 per month. Both VPNs support over 60 countries, provide complete anonymity and are backed with 30-day money-back guarantees.
|Read Review →|
|Read Review →|
|Read Review →|
|Read Review →|
|Read Review →|
Do the big iPhone VPNs offer a 7-day free trial?
Yes, ExpressVPN, PureVPN, and CyberGhost have this offer. Windscribe and TunnelBear stand out from the free VPN for iPhone. Unlike paid ones, they have restrictions on traffic volume and maximum speed.
Does VPN for iPhone run out of battery?
Naturally, active VPNs in the background consume around 1% to 2% battery life per hour. Power consumption increases with the inclusion of other features (double encryption and split tunneling).